NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID ONLY IN THE U.S. (EXCLUDING U.S. TERRITORIES), WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RHODE ISLAND. ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST SPONSOR TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
By entering the SWEEPSTAKES, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Starts August 5, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. PST and end August 21, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST. (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2) SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: 1.) Click the link, swipe as directed, or scan the code to go to the corresponding web page for entry during the Sweepstakes Period; 2.) Enter your email signing up to receive emails from Forever 21 and other information as applicable on the entry form. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified. Forever 21 will randomly select winners from the entries.
3) BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, participants must agree to the Official Rules. Therefore, please read these Official Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. You may not submit an entry to the Sweepstakes and are not eligible to receive the prize described in these Official Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and F21 OpCo, LLC with respect to the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
4) ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who are legal residents of 50 US states or DC who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees, officers, directors and their immediate family members of F21 OpCo, LLC, and each of their respective parent company(ies), subsidiaries, affiliates, agents,
licensees, directors, officers and employees, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors, and any and all other companies associated with this Sweepstakes are ineligible to enter. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, "immediate family members" means parents, spouses, children, siblings, in-laws, grandparents as well as each of their spouses and household members, whether related or not.
5) HOW TO ENTER GUIDELINES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You must: 1.) Click the link, swipe as directed, or scan the code to go to the web page for entry during the Sweepstakes Period; 2.) Enter your email signing up to receive emails from Forever 21 and other information as applicable on the entry form. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified. (altogether, the “Entry”).
ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter by providing your email without signing up to receive emails from Forever 21, you must send a mail or post card providing your email address to:
ATTN: MKTG DEPT/ WIN JEANS FOR A YEAR SWEEPSTAKES
3880 N. Mission Road,
Los Angeles, California 90031
Must be post marked by August 21, 2021 to be eligible.
LIMIT: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, mail, postcard, which will be disqualified.
6) PRIZE, WINNERS, AND ODDS: Odds of winning a prize will vary based on number of participants in the Sweepstakes. Win Jeans for a Year corresponds to the value of one (1) jean per month for 12 months. The value of 12 jeans is up to $500 in total. Thus, winner will be provide a Forever 21 gift card valued at $550 to purchase the jeans (“Prize”). Prize is nontransferable. No cash alternative or prize substitutions allowed, except in Forever 21’s sole discretion. Prize may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by the winner. Any details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Forever 21.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor.
Limit: one (1) Prize per winner.
7) SELECTION OF WINNERS & JUDGING CRITERIA: Five winners will be chosen by random selection for the $550 Forever 21 gift card. The representative’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to the Sweepstakes’ result. The selection will take place on August 30, 2021. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the sweepstakes within five (5) days following the winner selection. Forever 21 shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk email or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim
the prize within 24 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The representative will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winner. Decisions of the representative as to the administration of the Sweepstakes, interpretation of the Official Rules, and the selection of the winners will be final.
8) PUBLICITY; INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Participants, upon submission of their Entry to the Sweepstakes, hereby irrevocably grant to Forever 21, and each of their licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the entry submitted as part of the Sweepstakes, and all images, text and materials depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems, digital billboards), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it. Forever 21, and each of their successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Forever 21 will have the right to use the entries submitted as part of the Sweepstakes, and all images depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose.
Participants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights” now or hereafter recognized in connection with entries submitted as part of the Sweepstakes. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submitted images do not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. Participants’ images must not contain brand names, copyrighted material or trademarks, other than those owned by you or Forever 21. Participants agree that Forever 21 shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of entries and are not obligated to use any entry. Participants agree not to issue any publicity concerning Forever 21. Participants agree that neither Forever 21 nor their agents shall be responsible for returning or preserving of the entries submitted.
9) RELEASE OF LIABILITY: The winner of the Sweepstakes may (in Forever 21’s sole discretion) be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability agreement (the "Acceptance Release") and return the Acceptance Release before the winner is announced. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Acceptance Release within 24 hours of the first notification attempt, such potential winner (in Forever 21’s sole discretion) may be disqualified and an alternate may (in Forever 21’s sole discretion) be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, he or she may be disqualified in Forever 21’s sole discretion, and an alternate potential winner may then, in Forever 21’s sole discretion, be selected by the representative. The Winner’s Acceptance Release is subject to verification by Forever 21.
Forever 21 is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent. When a potential winner is contacted, he/she will have 24 hours in which to respond to the notification, or he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Forever 21 will not be responsible if a potential winner changes his/her e-mail address or other contact information after he/she registers for the Sweepstakes , it is his/her sole responsibility to update his/her registration information notifying Forever 21. Failure to update such registration information may affect a potential winner’s ability to receive the proper notification and be able to respond in time.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” You expressly waive and release any right or benefit which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, to the full extent that you may waive all such rights and benefits pertaining to the matters released here. In connection with such waiver and relinquishment, you acknowledge that you are aware that you may hereafter discover claims presently unknown or unsuspected, or facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true, with respect to the matters released herein; nevertheless, it is your intention through this release to fully and finally and forever settle and release all such matters and claims relative thereto, which do not exist, may exist or heretofore have existed between yourself and the Sponsor related to the Promotion. The release herein given shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release of such claims and matters notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different claims or facts relative thereto.
10) RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees to a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Forever 21, which shall be final in all respects; b) release, discharge and hold harmless Forever 21 and their respective parent company(ies), subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, licensees, directors, officers and employees, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors (collectively "Releasees"), from all liability, claims or damages including injury or death, arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. Subject to applicable law, winner irrevocably grants Forever 21 and their designees the right and permission to use of their name, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without further compensation, and upon request will provide consent in writing to such use. Releasees are not responsible for and shall have no liability for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes -related material; or for any stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries; or for entries that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the promotion. If for any reason Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned by reason of causes beyond the control of Forever 21, which, in the sole opinion of Forever 21, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of
Sweepstakes, Forever 21 reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes , and/or may conduct Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all entries received prior to the action taken. Further, Forever 21 reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes, and cancel or refuse any entry or any individual winning the Sweepstakes. In the event Forever 21 is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Forever 21 control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) Forever 21 shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes . Forever 21 reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavors to notify material changes to participants and potential participants. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Forever 21 reserves the right but has no obligation to award the prizes.
11) ARBITRATION AGREEMENT; DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS
YOU MAY OPT OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE. If you do so, neither you nor Forever 21 can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify Forever 21 in writing within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. You must use this address to opt out:
F21 OpCo, LLC
ATTN: Arbitration Opt-out (Legal Department)
3880 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
You must include your name and residence address, the email address you use for your Forever 21 account (if any), and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this arbitration agreement.
If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Forever 21.
12) Governing Law and Venue: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Forever 21, or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
Forever 21 is not responsible for the actions of participants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including participants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Forever 21 believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole discretion of Forever 21, may result in immediate disqualification of the participant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future Sweepstakes. CAUTION: Any attempt by a participant to undermine the legitimate operation of Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Forever 21 reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney's fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Forever 21 reserves the right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
13) SPONSOR: F21 OpCo, LLC - 3880 North Mission Rd. Los Angeles, CA 90031.
14) WHO WON? The name of the winners please refer to list of winners published on Forever 21 Instagram account @Forever21 within 7 days after end of Sweepstakes Period.