YOUR PRIVACY AND THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US
- Information that we collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technology that we use.
- What we do with the information that we collect.
- With whom we share the information we collect.
- Our opt-out policy.
- Our policy on correcting and updating Personal Information, making a complaint about our handling of your Personal Information, and deactivation of your account.
- What information Forever 21 gathers from users of our Websites.
- How Forever 21 uses the personal information that you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship.
- How Forever 21 uses "cookies" and "IP Addresses."
- What personal information, if any, Forever 21 may share about you with others and the conditions that protect your information if it must be shared.
- What kind of security measures Forever 21 takes to protect your information from loss or disclosure and how Forever 21 will inform you in the event of a security breach.
- The circumstances under which you can access your personal information you have shared with Forever 21 and have that information corrected, restrict Forever 21's use of that information, and even have it removed from our records.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION OUR WEBSITES AND STORES COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Forever 21 collects information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of our Websites or shopping at our stores. We receive and store information you enter on our Websites, provide to us at our stores, or give to us in any other way. For example, you may provide information to us when you make an in-store purchase, register with our Websites, sign-in, search or add items to your shopping cart, purchase an item, participate in a survey, contest or promotion, apply for a job, request to receive our marketing materials, or communicate with Forever 21's customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, phone number, email address, financial and debit or credit card information, and personal shopping and product preferences. In applying for a job with us, you may provide to us your name, address, phone number, email address, previous work experience, references and other personal information about your background and experience.
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Web sites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major web sites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service provider, please click here.
We do not respond to 'do not track' signals or similar mechanisms. Third-party service providers keep track of your browsing activities on our Websites, which enable us to target advertising based on your browsing history and preferences. You can learn more about online marketing practices and the technologies that support them, or opt-out of third party tracking mechanisms by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative website, by clicking here.
Our social media tools, such as the Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google Plus widgets, are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your activity with these tools is governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
HOW FOREVER 21 USES INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use information we have collected about you to provide you with the very best shopping experience, the most current fashion clothing and accessories, and personal style news. We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any reason. We do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties, or to our affiliates, who may want to offer you their own products and services unless you have requested or authorized us to do so.
We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates of Forever 21 where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction you authorized or perform some other activity you have asked us to do.
We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates of Forever 21 with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf, for example for product and service fulfillment or for marketing purposes. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide to them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform.
We may disclose personal information about our customers as permitted or required by law, such as in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, or in connection with a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, as discussed further below. We may disclose information about you to protect against fraud and other crimes and to enforce our contracts with you.
We try to provide you with the information you need to make informed reasonable choices with respect to how our Websites use or share your information. Forever 21 collects and uses personal information from you in several ways:
- Website usage. Forever 21 or Forever 21's authorized service providers may observe activities, preferences and transactional data (such as your IP address, browser type and operating system) relating to your use of our Websites. We may use this collected or logged information in order to provide better service, to facilitate our customers' use of the website, to track usage of the website, and to address security hazards. Forever 21, or one of Forever 21's authorized service providers, may use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout our Websites for Forever 21's internal analysis.
- Online transactions. We collect information about you when you shop on our website. You may visit our site without registering, but if you wish to add merchandise to your shopping cart, save your debit or credit card information with us online, create a wish list or use other special features offered on our site, you may need to provide us with certain information, including your name, address, phone number, financial information, and email address, to open an account with us. We will assist you in creating a user id and a password to protect your account information. Similarly, if you wish to apply online for a job position with us, you will be required to submit relevant information about your background and experience.
- Store transactions. We collect information about you when you purchase merchandise in our stores or sign-up in our stores to receive our marketing materials or apply for a job.
- Mobile text messaging. If you provide us with your mobile phone number and give us your consent, you will receive promotional alerts and marketing text messages from or on behalf of Forever 21. Your consent is not a condition of a purchase. If you consent to receiving text messages from Forever 21, message and data rates may apply depending on your carrier.
YOUR CONTACT PREFERENCES AND OPT-OUT CHOICES
To update your subscription preferences, you may contact us using one of the following methods:
- To unsubscribe from our direct mailing list, fill out the form here with the words “DIRECT MAIL OPT OUT” in the message box.
- To unsubscribe from our email marketing list, click the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of a marketing email that you receive from Forever 21.
- To opt-out of mobile text messaging, reply "STOP" to a text message and you will receive a confirmation message.
- Or, call Customer Service toll free at 1-888-494-3837 (EVER).
Please note that direct mail requests may take up to six to eight weeks to become effective.
OUR SECURITY PRACTICES
Our internal data security policies restrict access to customers' personal information to authorized employees. Authorized employees may use our customers' personal information for Forever 21 business purposes only. Our employees are bound by Forever 21 policies that require them to maintain the confidentiality of our customers' personal information. Employees who violate these requirements are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to guard our customers' personal information. For example, for the security of your online visit to our Websites, we may make use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and/or authentication procedures. Any personal information you save on our Website through your online account, including your debit or credit card, and other financial information, will be stored on secure designated servers, accessible only to those who require it in order to process your order and payment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Forever 21 cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you as necessary and to the extent possible so you can take appropriate protective steps. Unless you indicate otherwise, we may notify you under such circumstances using the email address you provided to us when you registered with our Websites.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO OUR WEBSITES USE THEM?
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND WEBSITES CONTAINING OUR WEBSITES BRANDING
CONTACT PREFERENCES AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have choices when it comes to how Forever 21 uses your personal information. When you register online with our Websites or sign-up in our stores, you can choose not to receive information about merchandise, services and special promotional offers from us by direct mail, email, and/or mobile text message (i.e., SMS and MMS). If you elect not to receive such product marketing information by direct mail or email, Forever 21 may continue to contact you as necessary to service your account and process your transactions. You can change your preferences by following the instructions for opting out at the end of the marketing email, or by following the instructions for Account Information on the Websites or by contacting Customer Service here, or calling in the U.S. or Canada 1-888-494-3837 (EVER) (-Toll Free).
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important so we can provide you with excellent service. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please follow the instructions for My Account on our Websites to correct or update your account information online, or you may contact Customer Service here. or call in the U.S. or Canada 1-888-494-3837 (EVER) (-Toll Free).
You can login to your account on our Websites if you want to review or change the information you provide to us. You may also contact us at 1-888-494-3837 (EVER) (-Toll Free) to review or request any changes to your account or to the information you provide to us.
If you need additional assistance or wish more information about our privacy practices, please call in the U.S. or Canada 1-888-494-3837 (EVER) (-Toll Free) and ask to speak to our Legal Department.
Our Websites are hosted in the United States and are intended for United States and Canadian visitors.
YOUR CALIORNIA PRIACY RIGHTS
To request your personal information under California Law, please contact us via the following methods, using “California Privacy Rights” as the heading:
- Write to Forever 21 at the following address: 3880 N. Mission Rd., Los Angeles, CA 90031; or
- Fill out the Customer Service form here.
MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS AND BANKRUPTCY
OUR WEBSITES ARE NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN
Children are not eligible to use our Websites. We ask that minors (under the age of 18) only use our Websites in conjunction with your parents or guardians. Children under 13 years of age should not send any information about themselves to Forever 21. If a child under 13 submits information through any part of our Websites, and Forever 21 becomes aware that the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT MY PRIVACY?
You should be careful to maintain the secrecy of your passwords and/or account information and be responsible about protecting your personal information and identity whenever you are online.
Forever 21, Fashion 21, XXI, XXI Forever, Love 21, Love & Beauty, Life in Progress, For Love 21, 21 Men, F21 Red, and www.forever21.com and http://canada.forever21.com are tradenames and/or trademarks of Forever 21, Inc. and its affiliates.
Forever 21, Inc.
Forever 21 Retail, Inc.
Forever XXI, ULC
3880 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Welcome to the Forever 21 Web Site (the 'Site'). Please review the following basic terms that govern your use of and purchase of products from our Site. Please note that your use of our Site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by those terms (the 'Agreement').
We may from time to time change the terms that govern your use of our Site. Your use of our Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. We may change, move or delete portions of, or may add to, our Site from time to time.
You understand and accept that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, audio, video, message or other material appearing on this Site (collectively, 'Content') are owned by Forever21 or its licensors. You are expressly prohibited from using any Content without the express written consent of Forever21 or its licensors. Except as otherwise stated herein, none of the material may be reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or copied in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of Forever21, and/or the appropriate licensor. Permission is hereby granted to display, copy, distribute, and download the materials on this Site solely for personal, non-commercial use provided that you make no modifications to the materials and that all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials are retained. You may not, without Forever21's express written permission, 'mirror' any material contained on this Site or any other server. Any permission granted herein terminates automatically without further notice if you breach any of the above terms. Upon such termination, you agree to immediately destroy any downloaded and/or printed materials. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Site may violate domestic and/or international copyright laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
'FOREVER21' is a registered trademark, service mark, and/or trade name of Forever21. All other trademarks, service marks, and trade names contained in the Site are the properties of the respective owners. Forever21 disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks, service marks and trade names other than its own. No use of these marks may be made without the prior written authorization of Forever21, except as necessary to accurately identify the products or services of Forever21.
USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK, POSTCARDS AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
All comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, images, photographs, video clips, audio clips, graphics, tags, data, materials, information and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Forever 21 or included with any hashtags provided by Forever 21, on or by this Site or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection with your use of this Site (collectively, 'User Content') shall be and remain Forever 21's property. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any User Content shall constitute an assignment to Forever 21 of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual properties in the User Content. Thus, Forever 21 will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall not be limited in any way in its use or modifications to the submission, commercial or otherwise, of any User Content. Forever 21 is not and shall not be under any obligation (1) to maintain any User Content in confidence; (2) to pay to user any compensation for any User Content; (3) to credit or acknowledge any user for User Content; or (4) to respond to any User Content. You agree that User Content submitted by you to the Site will not violate the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s). You further agree that User Content submitted by you to the Site will not be and will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material in Forever 21’s sole discretion. You are and shall remain solely responsible for any User Content you submit on the Site. You agree that Forever 21 may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Site in any manner that does not reveal your identity. By participating in Site sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and/or requesting promotional information or product updates, you agree that Forever 21 may use your information for marketing and promotional purposes.
FOREVER 21'S COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU
You agree that Forever 21 may send electronic mail to you for the purpose of advising you of changes or additions to this Site, about any of Forever 21's products or services, or for such other purpose(s) as Forever 21 deems appropriate.
Any contests or promotions described or posted on this Site shall be governed by the rules regulating such event.
Most Forever 21 products displayed at the Site are available in select Forever 21 stores while supplies last. In some cases, merchandise displayed for sale at the Site may not be available in Forever 21 stores. The prices displayed at the Site are quoted in U.S. Dollars and are valid and effective only in the United States.
We have made every effort to display, as accurately as possible, the colors of our products that appear at the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
To the extent that this Site contains links to outside services and resources, the availability and content of which Forever 21 does not control, any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link thereto, should be directed to the particular outside service or resource.
THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENTS OF THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR SITE, AND THAT FOREVER 21 SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE.
From time to time there may be information on Forever21.com that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). If you are not completely satisfied with your Forever 21.com purchase, you may return it with your invoice to any Forever 21 store or by mail. Please see our Return Policy for details.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Forever 21 harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use of the Site.
This Agreement is effective unless and until terminated by either you or Forever 21. You may terminate this Agreement at any time. Forever 21 also may terminate this Agreement at any time and may do so immediately without notice, and accordingly, deny you access to the Site, if in Forever 21's sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement by either you or Forever 21, you must promptly destroy all materials, downloaded or otherwise, obtained from this Site, as well as all copies of such materials, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
F21 PROMO ALERTS – MOBILE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To opt in to Forever 21’s mobile text messaging services, text "F21" to 38056. After an initial confirmation SMS message, you will receive 5 SMS messages per month. We may use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send the SMS messages to the mobile phone number you supply when you opt in. Message and Data Rates May Apply.
To stop a service at any time, reply STOP to 38056. Once your telephone number is removed from our system, you will receive a final confirmation message and no further messages will be sent to your cell phone or mobile device. To request more information, reply HELP to any message.
Reach us at: Support +1 (888) 494-3837
Privacy statement We take great precautions to keep the information you share with us safe and private. We will not sell or give your personal information to other marketers without your express consent. However, from time to time, we would like your permission to send you sneak previews of new products, or personalized offers or tips. You will be receiving these offers or tips only if you choose to opt-in to these services. We also may ask for comments on how to improve our products or programs. In order to do so, your information may be securely shared with our agencies, who perform these services on our behalf, or safely stored in countries other than where collected. You can easily stop this type of communication at any time by contacting us at +1 (888)494-3837.
Forever 21, Inc. ("Forever 21", "we", "us") adheres to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles with respect to personal data of residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland that we receive in reliance on the Privacy Shield from EEA and Swiss residents who use our websites, mobile sites and mobile applications (“EEA and Swiss Users” or “you”) and companies in the EEA. We registered for the Privacy Shield list maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
This Notice does not apply to data that we collect from other jurisdictions; we cover such data in other, separate notices.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following types of personal data from EEA and Swiss Users when provided on registration or in connection with a comment or question:
- E-mail address
- Company name
- ZIP/postal code
- Home phone number
- Mobile phone number
- Credit card number
- Billing address
- Information about your interests and preferences
- User name
We may also automatically collect the following types of personal data when EEA and Swiss Users use our websites and mobile sites, and download and use our mobile applications:
- Location information, which allows us to periodically determine your location
- Computer, device and usage information, which may include (i) internet protocol (IP) address and other technical information about your computer and website usage, such as your browser type and version, time zone setting, and operating system and platform (ii) information specific to the device you use to access the application (including, but not limited to, make, model, operating system, advertising identifier, language, carrier and similar information) and (iii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device.
COMMITMENT TO SUBJECT TO THE PRINCIPLES
We subject to the Principles all consumer and employee personal data that we receive from companies or individuals in the EEA and Switzerland in reliance on the Privacy Shield. We also receive some data in reliance on other compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION AND USE
Forever 21 collects and uses personal data of EEA and Swiss Users for one or more of the following purposes:
- Administering your access to our websites, mobile sites and mobile applications, including any accounts for which you may have registered
- Improving and personalizing your experience on our websites and mobile applications
- Providing information about our products and services
- Providing products, services and support to EEA and Swiss Users
- Communicating with corporate business partners about business matters
- Conducting related tasks for legitimate business purposes
- Aggregating data; and
- Other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you need to update, change or remove personal data that we control, you can do so by contacting email@example.com or by regular mail addressed to:
Forever 21, Inc.
3880 N. Mission Rd.Los Angeles, CA 90031 United States of America
You can also contact our EEA-based subsidiary at:
Forever 21 E-Commerce B.V.
4822 ZW Breda
Forever 21 will respond to your request to access or delete your information within 30 days.
TYPES OF THIRD PARTIES TO WHICH WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA AND PURPOSES
We may share personal data we collect from EEA and Swiss Users with the following types of third parties and for the following purposes:
- Service Providers. We may engage service providers to perform certain business-related functions, such as mailing information, maintaining databases, processing credit card transactions, supporting our marketing activities, and providing hosting services, in which case we may provide the service provider with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, including personal data from EEA and Swiss Users where necessary. Service providers are authorized to use EEA and Swiss Users’ personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Site or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our websites or mobile applications of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
RIGHT TO ACCESS
EEA and Swiss Users have the right to access personal data about them. To access your personal data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CHOICES AND MEANS
EEA and Swiss Users may choose to update their personal data, unsubscribe from e-mail lists, stop having their personal data shared with third parties, or cancel an account by contacting email@example.com with information necessary to process the request. EEA and Swiss Users may choose to unsubscribe from our marketing communications by following the instructions or unsubscribe mechanism in the e-mail message. We will process your privacy-related requests as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances your data may be continued to be used and you may receive a few more messages until your request is fully processed.
INDEPENDENT DISPUTE RESOLUTION BODY
Forever 21 has committed to cooperating with the panels established by the European Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) for any privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks that are not resolved with us directly.
INVESTIGATORY AND ENFORCEMENT POWERS OF THE FTC
Forever 21 is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
If you are located in the EEA and Switzerland and have exhausted all other means to resolve your concern regarding a potential violation of Forever 21’s obligations under the Privacy Shield Principles, you may seek resolution via binding arbitration. For additional information about the arbitration process please visit the Privacy Shield website: www.privacyshield.gov.
REQUIREMENT TO DISCLOSE
Forever 21 may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If a third party service provider providing services on Forever 21’s behalf processes personal data from the EEA and Switzerland in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, Forever 21 could be liable unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.